The First Home Owner Grant is a fantastic incentive that the government has introduced to assist First Home Buyers in Queensland when purchasing their first home.
Think about it, if you build your home first you get $20,000 FREE! Building is the best way to go! Everything is brand new when you move in. It’s a no brainer right? Let’s look at the criteria and see if you qualify for the First Home Buyers Grant in Queensland:
- Are you an Australian citizen or permanent resident?
- Never have owned a residential property in any state or territory of Australia?
- 18 years of age or older?
- Never received a First Home Buyers Grant from any state or Territory in Australia?
- An important criteria is you need to occupy the homes as your principal place of residence for a continuous period of 6 months or more, and within 12 months of the completion of the FHOG transaction.
It’s easy, 5 very simple points!
A few more things to get excited about are that stamp duty for first home buyers is waived for vacant land up to $300,000, alongside a total limit of $750,000 for a house and land package. That’s great news as all our house and land packages start from $379,000!
For residents in Queensland, the first home buyers grant gives people the chance to own their first home; however, just note, the $20,000 grant may not stay at this amount forever. In the past it has gone up and down, so it’s important that you make the most of the $20,000 whilst you can!
To find out if you are eligible click the link below